The Manitoba Genealogical Society Inc. (MGS) is a registered charity that promotes genealogical research and the writing of family histories. We assist individuals researching ancestors from all origns and backgrounds.
Founded in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada in 1976. MGS is operated solely with a dedicated roster of volunteers and provides some great opportunities to contribute. We offer a variety of programs and educational speakers by the Society and Branches.
What People Are Saying -
"It took me 20 years to find that information that I found at Manitoba Genealogical Society in 2 hours! I should have listened to your advice!"
-- From a student who had taken a workshop many years ago
keep us Growing! Please Donate.
What your financial support does
Your financial Contribution will support us in many ways -
- To develop programs, collections and research resources for the heritage community.
- To upgrade equipment and subscribe to relevant resources
- To provide and maintain a comfortable facility for members and the public
- You can decide where you want your contribution(s) to be directed: General Funds, Library Acquisitions, Computers and Technology, Resource Centre, Memorial Funds, or Education and Outreach.
The satisfaction of knowing that your donation will be put towards futhering that soals of the Society -MGS is run solely by volunteers.
A tax receipt for donations of $10.00 or more for income tax purposes. As a registered charity these receipts are applicable in both Canada and the United States.
Our thanks for keeping us growing!
Options for Making Donations
- Donate online by clicking the "Donate" button below. You will be taken to the PayPal website, where you can select your donation amount in a secure environment. You can either pay through PayPal or with a credit card.
- If you are mailing in yhour printed membership form, you can add a donation to the fees that you are submitting. Please do not send cash through the mail.
- Soon you will be able to donate through MANI when you pay your membership fees.Watch for the notice.
Providing for the future
Please speak to your financial planner, lawyer, insurance agent and /or accountant to find out how you can help the Manitoba Genealogical Society over the long term. They can provide information on the benifits of charitible donations for the following:
- Planned Giving (such as Will Bequests or Life Insurance policies)
- Memorial Donations
- Corporate Donations
- Monthly, Q;uarterly or Yearly personal donations