MGS Member ID, registration, and customer support
When you register to be a member of MGS and activate your MANI login MGS collects information that identifies you. This includes:
MGS apps and websites
- Email address
- Telephone number
- IP address
- Payment/billing information (Membershp and eStore)
- Eligibility information (e.g., for student)
- Types of apps and websites of interest
- Content of customer support communications.
We collect information about how you use our apps and websites, including when you use a desktop app feature that takes you online (such as the Cemetery Transcription Tool). Depending on the app or website, this information may be anonymous or it may be associated with you. It includes:
- IP address
- Type of browser and device
- Webpage that led you to a MGS website
- Search terms entered into a search engine which lead you to a MGS website
- Use and navigation of websites and apps (collected through cookies and similar technologies, or by MGS servers when you are logged in to the app or website)
- Analysis of your content (e.g., activity logs, and direct feedback from you) which is sent or received using an online feature of a MGS app or website, or which is stored on MGS servers
Emails we send you may include a technology (called a web beacon) that tells MGS whether you have received or opened the email, or clicked a link in the email. If you do not want us to collect this information, you can opt out of receiving MGS promotional emails.
Buttons, tools, and content from other companies
MGS social networking pages and social sign-on services
MGS has its own pages on many social networking sites (for example, MGS’s Facebook page). We will collect information which you have made publicly available on your social networking account, such as name and interests, when you interact with our social networking pages.